The DCS Montessori Educational Foundation (MEF) raises funds to support facility improvements and special projects at DCSM through various large-scale programs and events throughout the year. Monies raised are used for everything from new carpet and paint to continuing education scholarships for DCSM teachers.
The MEF Board of Directors is comprised of 11 current or past parents of students. The MEF is not part of the school, but a separate nonprofit entity. For a closer look at the differences between the MEF, the school’s Board of Directors, and the the School Accountability Committee (SAC), check out this document.
Recent Projects Your Support Has Helped Fund
- New gym floor
- New energy-efficient LED lighting throughout the school
- Construction of the middle school greenhouse
- Teacher training and scholarships
- New primary playground equipment and shade structures
Upcoming To-Do List
- Update WiFi capacity for remote learning and increasing tech needs
- Increase Chromebooks on hand for lending and on-site use
- Support the development of new outdoor curriculum